Friday, September 29, 2006

The Prophet Muhammad, Jew-Okay?

Tonight, I evaluate the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his relationship to Jews.

Sure, Muhammad (pbuh) had his tiffs with the Jews, who hasn't? I know I have and I'm one of them. But he respected the Jews. Originally he prayed towards Jerusalem and attempted to incorporate other Jewish tenets into Islam. Some may cynically claim that he did this in hopes of attracting Jews to Islam. This is probably partly true (and not all that bad), but his devotion to these Jewish-influenced tenets was also genuine. Essentially, Islam is far closer to Judaism as a religion than is Christianity. We truly only worship one G-d, not your little 3 god bullshit (father, son, and holy ghost) and still try to claim that you're monotheist. Wow, what a nonsensical, inappropriate, and unnecessary criticism of Christianity.

Anyway, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is J-okay to me!

No comments: