Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Prayoffs (Pat Robertson vs Me)

I want to determine once and for all: Who is the one true Lord? So, I challenge Pat Robertson to a pray-off.

Over the next week, Pat, you pray as hard as you can for Fidel Castro to die. I'll pray that he doesn't die, not because I'm a big Castro fan, but because I don't think it's morally right to pray for a person's death.

If Castro dies within the next week, you win. I'll admit Jesus is Lord and all that good stuff. If he doesn't die, you have to admit that Jesus is not the only path to salvation and that you're a bigoted douche.


I understand that I'm an underdog here. I am well behind Pat Robertson when it comes to our financial situations. About a billion more people believe that Jesus is divine than believe in my so-called Jew "G-d." Pat Robertson is a far more religious man than I, even if you consider Judaism a religion. And Castro is ill. But still, I have faith that I can pull an upset here.

No comments: