Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Spite is Dangerous

Sherkhan and I were in 1 of the 4 train stations in Budapest, trying to buy tickets to Bratislava. I really had to pee, so I went looking for a bathroom. I found one, but you had to pay 80 Hungarian feet (or Hungary Hungary hippos), which is maybe 30 cents, to use the bathroom. I was fucking infuriated. While I was peeing, I decided to fart in order to smell up the bathroom out of spite for having to pay to use the toilet. Trying to fart, I shit my pants.

"Fuck!" I screamed. There was no toilet paper in the stall. I pulled up only my jeans, allowing my underwear to hang low, and waddled towards the toilet paper. I got some, waddled back, and scrubbed, both my underwear and my ass. It was a shart, so not enough to throw out my underwear, but enough to make the long walk/tram ride/bus ride/and another long walk, quite unpleasant. So, I shit my pants out of spite, for having to pay 30 cents. They should put that on my tombstone, because that about sums it up right there.

Later that night we saw a group of awesome break dancers. One guy spun on his head for over a minute for sure. One break dancer was the Hungarian Zoe. Another was like that guy from Tekken 3, Steve knows what I'm talking about. Eddie or something? I don't know. But basically, they were awesome.

Heading back to Mike's cousin's uncle's apartment, we opened the gate and were hounded by an old lady and her gigantic dog. She was screaming at us in Hungarian and broken English. We tried to explain that we were guests of a tenet, but she didn't relent until her husband said something to her and then struggled to stop the dog from eating us whole. The situation would have been more quickly averted had we known the names of the people that we were staying with.

A couple of days ago, we saw a woman yelling "Hi" at us in the Budapest train station. She was a Japanese woman who had stayed with us in our room in the hostel in Sofia a couple of days before. Quite a coincidence.

No comments: