Thursday, January 12, 2006

Let's Seprarate Soccer From Neo-Nazism, Thanks

I am an American, so by definition, G-d blesses me, I can run 100 meters very fast- but don't know when to stop running,- I don't know that Salvador Dali was an artist- painter, sculptor, etc.,- and I hate soccer.

However, it occurred to me recently that perhaps I am a "citizen" of the world. So, I started getting into soccer, following some of the European leagues. As I learned more, I discovered that some of the teams have neo-Nazi fans. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to know which teams have neo-Nazi followings. I kind of don't want to root for those teams.

It puts a Jew (or a non-neo-Nazi) in an awkward position. I want to be a soccer fan, but I don't want to be a neo-Nazi. It's a tough one. My solution would be for the neo-Nazis to separate their neo-Nazism from their soccer-watching.

That way you can still be neo-Nazis and I can watch soccer and not worry about your ideology during the sporting contest. We can be fans together in peace. Except that I'm Jewish; so maybe not.

Hmm. How about this: you stop being a neo-Nazi, grow some hair, put the weapons away, and educate yourself. The Jews did not steal your money, the Arabs did not steal your job, and blacks are human beings. I don’t want to say that you’re responsible for all your own problems, but what’s 2+2? No, it’s not 7. Do you see what I mean, you’re not the brightest skinhead in the neo-Nazi collective. Sorry, not a great metaphor.

You know what, this isn't worth it. I'm sticking with basketball. GO KNICKS!

No comments: