Thursday, May 12, 2005

Favorite Emcees

Here's a list of my favorite Hip Hop emcees and groups. For what reason, you may ask? I guess this is just a starters list. A list of emcees that you should check out, and who have something positive to bring to the table.

My very favorite:
Talib Kweli, Common Sense, KRS-One, Mos Def, Blackalicious, Masterminds.

Next Tier:
A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, Dead Prez, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Mr. Lif, Tupac Shakur, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious 5, De La Soul, Jurassic 5, Da Bush Babees.

The Foundation; Old school:
Eric B. and Rakim, Run DMC, Sugar Hill Gang, Kurtis Blow, BDP.

Respect for the rest:
Aesop Rock, All Natural, J-Live, Atmosphere, Murs, Soul Position, Company Flow, Queen Latifah, Monie Love, Wu Tang Clan, Jungle Brothers, X Clan, Oktober, Mr. Complex, Pharaohe Monch, Bahamadia, Apani B, Jean Grae, Dilated Peoples, Xzibit, Jeru the Damaja, Fugees, Nas, Kanye West, Defari, Paris, Immortal Technique, Arrested Development, Notorious BIG, Cee Lo, OutKast, Brother Ali, Brand Nubians, Storm the Unpredictable, Aceyalone.

When I think of others, I'll add them. I wish there was some way I could've made this funnier, sorry.

No comments: