Friday, February 04, 2005

Lou Dobbs Thinks Killing is Fun

Normally I don't watch these pundit-type shows unless I want to watch some mindless drivel (although the Surreal Life is more entertaining, FLAVA FLAV!), but I was flipping through the channels after the Daily Show and came to an interesting story on Lou Dobbs' CNN program. The screen said something about Iran. However, I had come at the end of the segment. The next story was about Lt. Gen. James Mattis.

Evidently Lt. General Mattis stated at a panel discussion, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling.''

Now, I had heard Mr. Dobbs call George Bush's tax cut for the richest one percent in the United States, "abysmal economics," before, so I figured that Mr. Dobbs was a voice of reason.

To my surprise, for the next five minutes, I was given a lecture by Lou Dobbs on how heroic this man has been, and that anyone who dared to criticize Lt. General Mattis' statements was overly politically correct.

Well, Mr. Dobbs, Mr. Lou Dobbs, it doesn't take a retard to realize that killing people is wrong. In fact, there's a Commandment about it. Maybe if the Ten Commandments were allowed on the stairs of the Alabama Supreme Court, you would know that. (By the way, that was a joke, I "killed" two birds with one stone there. Where's my medal?) Well, if killing people is wrong, surely enjoying killing people must be wrong too. Let me give you an example of what is and isn't politically correct. If I were to call you, Mr. Dobbs, big boned instead of the fat ass that you are, that would be because of political correctness. However, Lt. General Mattis' statements about enjoying murdering human beings are not merely politically incorrect, they are wrong. This is not what a hero is made of. A hero is someone who saves lives, not takes them. A hero is someone who makes people's lives better, not murders them. A hero is a single mother who raises two sons on her own and still finds the energy to go back to school and eventually teach mind-body medicine to medical students at Georgetown, not a homicidal maniac. It doesn't matter if the murder is wearing a uniform or not, he is a murderer. And, Mr. Dobbs, since you condone his actions, what does that make you?







(Shout out to ma! FYI, she's the Georgetown one, not the homicidal maniac).

No comments: