Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Museums and Queen Street

 Candace’s conference started today, so I spent the day with the kids. We went to the Queensland Museum and the kids enjoyed seeing the dead animals. We then saw the Art Gallery. The kids kept touching the art even though I repeatedly told them not to. Some pieces caught their attention, mostly the type of art that two six year olds make themselves.

They were hungry to we walked over the bridge and ate at Hungry Jacks. We took our time and then went to the Queen Street mall to buy books. I got a book about the Brisbane River, which flooded in 1974 and 2011.

We went back to the hotel and rested. We then went to the Modern Art Gallery. The kids said they liked it better than the other art gallery. We stopped back in the first gallery so I could take a picture of a Segar Passi painting I liked. We saw the Brisbane sign and I took pictures of the kids by the sign. Then the played on the playground in South Bank.

We met Candace for dinner. She was a little late, but we had to wait. We at at Julius, an Italian restaurant. I didn’t think I’d find anything to eat there, but it turned out to be delicious.

Hungry Jack’s didn’t have Abie’s strawberry ice cream, so we got it from a gelato place and then went back to the hotel. I had walked 8.8 miles today and the kids held up well.

No comments: