Monday, March 20, 2023

In Brissie

 I woke up again with bad cramps in my calfs. The kids woke us up at 7am. Candace slept so I took the kids for a walk. We didn’t have wifi, our phones were dead, and our converter was apparently the wrong one. So we had no idea where we were going.

We walked on the go between bridge and along the Brisbane River. I taught them about displacement when we saw boats racing down the river and the waves crashed onto the rocks. Tal began complaining about the heat and whined on the back end of the walk.

Candace took the kids to find converters and get the wifi from reception. I watched a documentary on the 1953 Iranian coup and one about the history of black people in Vancouver.

They came back and we found a Japanese restaurant in the West End. A guy riding a scooter nearly ran me over and then gave me a dirty look. I stayed calm. We got slurpees from 7-Eleven after the restaurant. Then Tal whined on the way back to the hotel. She went to sleep pretty quickly. A couple of hours later, I took Abie to the pool, a narrow strip that’s a bit over 3 feet deep.

We went back to the room and I woke up Tal to take her to the pool. Well, she had a meltdown. Candace tricked her  into going back to sleep and a few hours later she’s still asleep. Her whining must’ve been because she has been so tired. Hopefully she sleeps a lot and wakes up in a good mood.

I took Abie to the state library. He enjoyed it but wished we had found the kids book. He directed me to the grocery store and we bought some food. Then we went back to the hotel. He ate some and put himself to sleep.

No comments: