Friday, March 24, 2023

An AFL Game and an Upset Stomach

I felt sick most of the day with nausea. The kids and I took the train to Roma Street to see the pretty park, but I felt bad and we had to go back. It was very hot anyway.

I tried to rest, but I got an SOS from Candace. Her scooter had lost charge at a restaurant . I walked a mile to get her leaving the kids in the room. The restaurant charged her scooter and she was fine the rest of the day.

I had tickets for me and the kids to see an Australian Football League game, but I thought I wouldn’t be able to go. I felt better momentarily and we decided to go.

We walked a mile and a half and were lucky to find three seats together as we had general admission tickets. The kids were excited at first, but quickly became thirsty. We were going to stay long, but I didn’t want to give up our seats we were so lucky to find.

Brisbane was beating the hell out of Melbourne when we left. I got the kids some water, fries, and ice cream and we left.

Tal decided to walk 20 feet behind we on the way back no matter what I did. I was worried about it, but we finally and painfully made it back to the hotel.

Brisbane had a 30 point lead when we left and had upped it to 40 by the time we made it back to the hotel. The power then went out in the stadium and Melbourne had cut the lead to 12 with 2 minutes to go as I type this.

No comments: