Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Spoiled Brats and Baguettes

We walked to La Fontaine Park. On the way we stopped at a grocery store. Candace and the babies waited outside because there was a step to get in. I rushed around so they wouldn't just be waiting there . The only diapers they had were way more than I needed. So I bought only a little bit of food for the babies, a couple of drinks, and candy.

When I got outside, Candace told me a crazy man and walked by, gotten into the babies faces and yelled, "I hate spoiled brats!" A man walking the other way saw the entire thing, apologized, and said, "No, they are beautiful." The babies are definitely not spoiled brats. They are very appreciative of every little thing in life.

I got diapers and more gummies from the pharmacy next door. This time I brought the babies in, which didn't make things easier. People here will come out of the woodwork to hold a door open for you though.

The park was underwhelming amd my feet and legs were really feeling the miles and miles I've walked this vacation. The stroller's front wheels keep locking. I don't understand the purpose of the lock, because the wheels still roll, you just can't turn them. It's made things more difficult.

I was very sore this morning, so we had limited plans. We walked to a metro station and bought a baggette and a croissant from a bakery. I got the book Nanette's Baggette from the library not too long ago, so the babies loved kracking into baggette and eating it.

Then we walked to an inaccessible Middle Eastern restaurant. My feet were tired and Candace's wheelchair was almost dead because I didn't plug it in properly last night. I was going to get the food and we'd eat back at the hotel. Candace was looking forward to this for a while. Yelp said the place opened at 11, but a worker said it was closed and would open at 4.

We went to a sandwich place across from the hotel instead. It was a convenience store that also made sandwiches. But the clerk said they only accepted Canadian debit. He took American dollars for a fee. We went back tothe hotel room, but they had just started cleaning, even though they had called us about cleaning an hour and a half before.

I read the Montreal Gazette during the babies' nap. It's kind of astonishing how much the English-French divide impacts Quebec. We walked to Mt Royal which was an extreme incline. Candace's wheelchair was struggling and so were my calves. So we made the kids walk some of the way. We found a lake and a playground. This is what I hope hoping La Fontaine Park would be. It was fun playing with Tali and Abie at the playground.

Then we went to the Middle Eastern restaurant that we tried earlier. Sadly, Candace felt it was underwhelming. Candace was excited to habesome good falafel in Montreal, but she wasn't able to find some. We ate it in the hotel room. Tali and Abie said they had a great time in Montreal.

No comments: