Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fasting and Silence

Today, I'm fasting and keeping silent. I'm hoping this will help me to not be bothered by little things as much. It's about sacrifice. If I sacrifice, I appreciate more. If I'm more appreciative, I become more content.

I can also learn to appreciate others, even if they are acting negatively. Often times, it is our own reaction that counts. If we act in a poor manner, it really doesn't matter if our actions are justified or not. So, we must act appropriately at all times and not allow others to influence the way we act. We can do that by realizing everyone has something to teach us. We must appreciate everyone, because each person has a lesson to teach us, whether they know it or not.

This sacrifice has also showed me that I must be compassionate to others. You never know what another person is going through. Right now, I haven't eaten all day and am unable to speak. I would hope people would be understanding when interacting with me in this condition. I must show that same understanding and empathy to everyone else.

No comments: