Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Hosni Mubarak's Latest Speech

Editor's note: Here is an exclusive look at Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak's most recent speech in the wake of mass protests against his rule.


I've offered to leave at the end of my term just to appease you. You've rejected me. You want me out. My heart sheds a thousands tears at the prospect of leaving you. A day without you would be more painful than a million filled with torture.

We've been together for these past 30 years. They have been the best 30 years of my life. Every one of those nights, in my dreams, I've seen you, I've felt you. How do I get through one night without you? If I had to live without you, what kind of life would that be?

You've asked me to leave. But every day with you has been special. I remember when we first came together. Life was beautiful then. I remember that time I knew what happiness was. Let the memory live again. But you wish it would die. If I have to sacrifice, if I have to take apart, all that I am, there isn't anything I would not do, because I would die without you.

But the protests keep mounting. Nothing I seem to say will bring you back to me. I go out every night and sleep all day since you took your love away. I feel so lost without you. I feel so sad, I don't know what to do.

Tell me how to win your heart for I haven't got a clue. But let me start by saying, "I love you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is this real?