Friday, February 04, 2011

Donald Rumsfeld's Memoir

Here are a few excerpts from Donald Rumsfeld's memoir: Do I Have Any Regrets? Read and Find Out

from page 1: Did I enjoy my time in my mother's uterus? It's difficult to say. Was it difficult to pass through my mother's vagina? Could be.

from page 128: Was my first time engaging in sexual relations a success? It depends how you define success. Did I bite her too much? Perhaps. Did I ejaculate far too quickly? That part is hazy. Was it a miserable experience for all involved? This is not the time to point fingers.

from page 374: Was the war in Iraq woefully mismanaged? It's possible. Was it tantamount to a crime to send U.S. soldiers into battle without proper body armor? It's easy to make accusations. Did I know all of the intricacies of Iraq before the invasion? No one can know everything. Could I have hired competent people to carry out the war? What's done is done. Was the torture perpetrated at Abu Ghraib a stain on the idea of America? It's a less than stellar metaphor. If I had to run the Iraq war again, would I do anything differently? No one gets a redo.

No comments: