Friday, December 31, 2010

Out with 2010

Most people greet the coming new year with anticipation. They gladly cast off the previous year, condemn it, and resort to their annual ritual of perfunctory optimism.

I cannot join them. The truth is that I'm too damn content. Sure, not everything is exactly where I want it to be, but that doesn't diminish that fact that every moment is a blessing. I've been satisfied with this past year. I've increased my knowledge exponentially. I've decided to break out of the stultifying constraints of societal mores by sitting down during the national anthem at sporting events. I've maintained my inexplicable charisma with kids.

I'm must say that I'm pleased with my life and with who I am as a person. But don't worry, I'm still pretty upset at everything else in the world.

No comments: