Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Loose Ends

There are always things that I forget to write and then lament for the rest of the day. Here are some of them from the past week or so.

In Lucknow, my hotel room had a squat (or Indian) toilet. Fortunately, I was in Hardoi for much of that time. There are advantages to the squat toilet, even if it is unfamiliar to some. There's no seat to sit on, so you won't get crabs. I found that the poop comes out easier when you're squatting. It's good exercize. The bad thing is, I found that while most of the poop comes out easier, it's more difficult to get that last burst out.

In Allahabad, Lucknow, and here in Amritsar, I've stayed near the train station. The horns are so loud and run throughout the night. But strangely they rarely wake me up. You get used to sleeping through noise in India.

There was a line in the Kite Runner that read "Life is not a Hindi movie." I said that! And before I read it.

A few days ago, my watch inexplicably starting telling me the days of the week in Spanish.

If I stop mentioning a problem, don't assmue it went away. My shoes have continued to cut through the spot just above my heel. In fact, I noticed that both sides have giant blood blisters. I think I just got used to the pain.

I'd say I have to pee 90% of the time here in India because of all the water I drink. You just kinda get used to the feeling. Plus, being a man and in India, I can go just about anywhere! In other body liquid related news, I have so much mucus and plegm in my nose and throat that sometimes when I try to speak, I choke on it.

The CM of Delhi, who's in some hot water right now, is Sheila Dikshit. Hahaha, Dikshit.

I miss friends and family, sure, blah blah blah. I miss the NFL, NBA, Taco Bell, Slurpees, boxing, and the Daily Show. One week to go.

No comments: