Monday, July 06, 2009

Daring and Courageous

Last Thursday I did the most daring and courageous thing I've ever done in my life. In fact, I don't know if I'll ever be able to top it. It is rare that we exceed our own expectations of ourselves. Usually we know where our limits lie. But, sometimes, we are forced to go beyond ourselves. A moment just like that occurred last Thursday.

So what did I do that was so daring and courageous? While sitting in traffic on the Jersey Turnpike, I.... kept... my window... open!

It surely took 10 years off of my life. The air must be the reason why people in New Jersey are so stupid. When going north on the Jersey Turnpike, at around Exit 8a, the road expands from 3 lanes to 6. You'd think that would alleviate any traffic that there was. Instead, there is always traffic at that point. It's so frustrating. When the lanes split, I think these morons just sit there trying to decide which one to go into.

No comments: