Monday, April 27, 2009

A Beautiful Day

"Beautiful day, isn't it?"

I hate getting that question. It usually forces me into a dilemma. I have one of two choices. I can either sell my soul and respond, "Yeah, it is." Or, I can be true to myself, "Eh, it's too hot for me," and come across as disagreeable.

If you know anything about me, you know I almost always choose the latter. Shocked faces tend to be the reaction. People don't know what to do in that situation. A friend told me that the reason for that disbelief is due to the fact that most people can agree on the contents of a beautiful day. I disagree. I surmise that a significant portion of the population agrees with me, but they've been intimidated into compliance. They don't want to challenge the status quo for fear of being ostracized and persecuted.

I like there to be a hint of a chill in the air. That's my idea of a beautiful day. Does that make crazy? Of course not. And if you feel the same way, then speak up. Don't let these fascists control the way you view the weather.

No comments: