Sunday, February 15, 2009

2009 All Star Game Recap

This one wasn't much of a game. The East sprinted out to a quick start. Then the West game back in the first quarter and the game was over. I was surprised by the lack of effort out there. I truly enjoy watching all the magnificent plays in an All Star Game, but it's much more satisfying if it's done in a competitive atmosphere and within the rules. This game lacked the usually competitive edge that at least is displayed in the fourth quarter of most All Star Games.

As you might have guessed, there were a few things that irked me. It's terrible that that plane crashed and those people died. Why was there a moment of silence for them at the All Star Game? There was no relevance. But it sure did put a damper on the sport's night of celebration. I can't stand all of the pre-game pageantry. Just introduce the teams, let the players run out and get it over with. Shaq is a good dancer; maybe he should be on Dancing with the Stars. I don't really know, I don't watch dancing shows, I watch basketball.

They should not sign the national anthem(s) before sporting events. It makes no sense. It's a sport, what does it have to do with country? Co-MVPs is stupid and unbecoming of the game of basketball. Kobe was the MVP, end of story. The one thing I did like was Shaq's pass through the legs of Dwight Howard to Chris Paul and then Shaq cut to complete the give-and-go. So, it wasn't all terrible.

No comments: