Monday, May 19, 2008

Why Am I Blue?

Why am I feeling down?

Is it because of the cyclone in Myanmar and the death and destruction left in its wake? Is it because the repressive military government won't let aid agencies do their work to save the desperate people?

Is it because of the earthquake in China, leaving thousands of people dead, more injured, and even more searching for answers?

Is it because of the violence and continued authoritarianism displayed by President Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe? Is it because my hope for democracy in Zimbabwe is clouded by the nagging feeling that those in power will not relinquish their positions for the good of their people, but instead will remain through force for the good of their egos?

Is it because the war in Iraq rages on, and even though most Americans want the troops home, we can't or don't or won't mobilize to bring them back here?

Or is it because of my horrible marathon time and Iraq war letter-writing campaign failure? Is it because I haven't been as physically active since the marathon? Is it because I'm feeling a little lonely, both friend and girlfriend-wise, but don't particularly want to be social either? Is it because I don't really trust anyone? Is it because several years ago, in my Fidel Castro death pool, I predicted he would die yesterday, and he didn't? Is it because I know I need to change, but change is scary?

Is it because of any of these things?

No.

Then what is the reason, you ask?

You guessed it...

Finger stuck in the penis hole.

No comments: