Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Close of Passover

It started eight days ago, marked by a raucous seder that probably would have been unrecognizable to most Orthodox Jews. Passover is thankfully coming to an end soon. I've longed to stuff my mouth with a cheeseburger, hot dog, pizza, tacos, and Indian food. Not all at the same time.

With my personal eating habits, food has been hard to come by this week. It hasn't helped that I'm training for a marathon. I guess the MacArthur genius grant will probably elude me once again. We ran out of seder leftovers on Tuesday, so I've had to work hard to find something to eat since. I just, I just can't eat any more matzah.

I missed the annual two-second ad on the various television channels commemorating the holiday. Usually the words "Happy Passover" are written out in fancy cursive over images of lit candles and a dreidel lying on a wooden table. I think they're talking about a different holiday.

Sundown creeps closer and frankly, I can't wait.

No comments: