Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Famous People

On our way to Jacksonville, Florida for my cousin's wedding, we saw Patch Adams in the airport in DC. He was dressed in bright colorful clothes designed to draw attention and a thick mustache. We didn't say anything to him.

It reminded me of another famous person my family has seen. No, not Sargent Shriver, although we've seen him. In fact he came to our house campaigning for his son many years ago. Patch Adams reminded me of the Question Mark Guy, Matthew Lesko. I'm sure that's an insult to Patch Adams, I apologize. I saw Lesko in his question mark car driving into the parking lot of a Panera Bread and my brother saw him chilling in Borders reading a magazine. My brother said that he doesn't like to be approached. But he wears a colorful uniform with question marks all over it! His outfit invites attention, how can he get upset when people approach him? That's ridiculous.

I don't know if Patch Adams would've been upset had we talked to him. I don't want to give the wrong impression of him. But I still think driving by Spiro Agnew's son on Route 66 is, and will always be, the highlight of my life.

No comments: