Friday, November 30, 2007

Blowouts

This was going to be a big sports day for me. Both George Mason and the Knicks played on TV.

George Mason faced a 5-1 Drexel team, a very good defensive team, in their first conference game. Campbell, Carter, Thomas, and Vaughan all contributed to the first half domination of Drexel. With Mason comfortably ahead and the starters sitting, Dre Smith simply made everything that he threw up near the basket, extending the lead further. Ultimately, the Patriots won 85-38! If I could tell the Mason players one thing, it would be: It's only one game, a great performance for sure, but it doesn't mean much, you start from scratch next game.

Meanwhile, the New York Knicks went to Boston to play the Celtics. The Celtics have three star players and a solid group of role players. The Knicks don't have any of that. The Knicks lost 104-59. The Knicks barely avoided the lowest scoring performance in franchise history when Nate Robinson threw in a three pointer as time ran out in the contest.

The Knicks' starters quit. I've never been so ashamed to root for a sports team. Stephan Marbury is a terrible basketball player. He is the worst player in NBA history compared to his natural talent. Make him go away. India has a new pro league, they have a league in Iran, I don't really care where he goes, get him out of there. Quentin Richardson is a moron. He fired up the Celtics saying they ain't nothing. I wonder if Richardson would even make the DePaul team any better. I'd love to find out, because it would mean he wouldn't be on the Knicks any more.

It is possible that Zach Randolph has never passed the ball in his life. He puts up nice numbers, but he's a loser. Eddy Curry is garbage and ugly, get him out of there too. I've defended Jamal Crawford for a long time. I'm done. Send him to Siberia.

The Knicks should play Nate Robinson, David Lee, Jared Jeffries, Ronaldo Balkman, and Fred Jones. Charles Barkley said it right, they try, they're just not very good. I'd rather root for that kind of team than the one we have now.

Isiah Thomas assembled this team and coached them into the ground. Fire him now! He should have been fired as soon as the sexual hassment decision was handed down. After this humiliating display, there is no excuse, he must go.

I never thought I'd say this but... I miss Dave Checketts.

1 comment:

knibilnats said...

One thing I can say is that with a 47 point win and 45 point loss, I end ahead by 2.