Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Still in Hubli

Game 5 of the Warriors-Jazz series was on tv live today. I was very grateful to get to watch it. ESPN international went to TNT's coverage too ealry so I got to here a little bit of Kevin Harlan and Doug Collins warming up: "How tall is Biedrins? 6'10". Isn't this the old Bulls song? You know what song they're playing in their locker room in Detroit now, the Beegees Staying Alive," and other good nuggets like that. When they say "This game is being watched in over 80 countries," it's because me and three other Americans are watching in a place like India, so no suddenly all of India is watching.

I bought my ticket to Hospet, which will put a short bus ride from Hampi and the Vijayanagara ruins. Waiting to purchase the ticket, the pudgy stomach of a Muslim guy was paste to my back. His hand was (hopefully inadvertantly) massaging my ass. I tried to bump him back, but it never worked for long. He'd plant himself right back into me. Eventually we cleared a metal railing. People tried to pass next to me, so I threw myself back into the pudgy guy and pin him against the railing. It seemed to have little effect and he's put his hand right back on my ass.

I would've flipped out, but I was having a nice conversation with the guy in front of me. His brother is in America as a software engineer in Croy (I don't know what the fuck that is, but that's what I heard him say twice).

There may be a lot of Muslims here, but the may just be more noticeable. There are women in full vail here. There are also a number of Buddhist monks. One had a shopping bag, another spat, and yet another bought his train ticket with a credit card. I've had my fill of Hubli. Also, I've meant to mention that many men hold each other's hands or put there arms around each other often.

No comments: