Thursday, April 05, 2007

Predictions For College Players in the NBA

I grouped 2 or 3 college basketball players at a time and my staff of experts and I rated them based on our predictions for their entire NBA careers. My ranked them according to the other players in the specific grouping. The players in bold are simply the grouping (in alphabetical order), and the players by our names are in order of our predictions, from left to right.

Kevin Durant, Greg Oden:
me: Durant, Oden.
Ian: Durant, Oden.
Mike: Oden, Durant.

Roy Hibbert, Joakim Noah, Greg Oden:
me: Oden, Hibbert, Noah.
Ian: Oden, Hibbert, Noah.
Mike: Oden, Hibbert, Noah.

Corey Brewer, Al Horford, Joakim Noah:
me: Brewer, Horford, Noah.
Ian: Brewer, Horford, Noah.
Mike: Horford, Noah, Brewer.

Jeff Green, Al Horford:
me: Horford, Green.
Ian: Green, Horford.
Mike: Green, Horford.

Arron Afflalo, Corey Brewer:
me: Brewer, Afflalo.
Ian: Brewer, Afflalo.
Mike: Brewer, Afflalo.

Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert:
me: Green, Hibbert.
Ian: Green, Hibbert.
Mike: Green, Hibbert.

Mike Conley, Ty Lawson:
me: Conley, Lawson.
Ian: Conley, Lawson.
Mike: Conley, Lawson.

Brandan Wright, Julian Wright:
me: Julian, Brandan.
Ian: ?
Mike: Brandan, Julian.

Of course, it's hard to predict how these players will adjust to the NBA (if the y make it), let alone to predict the course of their entire careers. But it's fun to try. We'll file this one away and come back to it in 10-15 years and see how it went.

No comments: