Monday, March 19, 2007

NCAA Tournament, End of Round 2

Memphis beat Nevada. I watched as Kentucky hopelessly played against Kansas. I knew my fate was sealed. If Kansas won, I would have no chance of winning the pool. Sure enough my hopes ended at around 7:20 P.M. Eastern time.

During the Virginia Tech-SIU game, the announcer said, "We've had Bruce Pearl and Seth Greenberg back-to-back. Talk about two characters. It's like a night at the improv." I knew that was code for, "They are Jews." And, "Jews are funny and here to entertain us." It was that kind of day.

My bracket's not doing too bad, I just can't win. I decided to pick a conservative Final Four this year and all 4 teams are still in heading towards the Sweet 16. In fact, 6 of my 8 Elite 8 teams are still in, which is decent. But my downfall is that everyone else and their mother picked the same Final Four as me: Georgetown, Florida, UCLA, and Ohio State. I like it better when I go my own route. The two other potential Elite 8 teams I have left are USC and SIU. After 4 days of watching college basketball, it's nice to finally have a break. My eyes are appreciative too.

No comments: