Friday, March 09, 2007

Championship Week Update

The Wake Forest-Georgia Tech game just ended. Wake won 114-112 in 2 OT. It was the second double overtime game I witnessed tonight. This one was quite exciting as the score indicates. Wake's Harvey Hale had 1 point when the first overtime started and ended with 22. I like freshmen point guard Ishmael Smith. Other freshmen I like are Scottie Reynolds from Villanova, and the two big guys Kevin Durant and Greg Oden. But this game was crazy; it took so long. The announcer Steve Martin mentioned that it became Saturday morning and then suddenly 2010. The game was so long babies were born, students graduated, and I trimmed my pubes several times.

I watched a ton of college basketball today and haven't really been able to process it. Washington and Washington State are still playing right now. But I think the CAA and MVC should start their tournaments later in Championship Week.

I wonder if Billy Packer watched any games between 2 "mid-major" teams this year. No Billy, Duke doesn't count. No, Indiana doesn't either. That's what makes Dick Vitale so good, he can tell you something about every Division I team in the country. I also like Bill Raftery, Hubert Davis, Stephen Bardo, and of course, Len Elmore.

No comments: