Monday, February 12, 2007

The Hot Dog Bun Fiasco

We had extra hot dogs at the house, so I went to Giant (the grocery store) to buy some hot dog buns. I went to the self-check out with my cart of groceries and began scanning. There was a problem when I tried to scan the hot dog buns. The woman bagging the groceries tried also, but failed.

Then a bombardment of women who worked there came over to me asking questions. One asked about the check-out screen, "What is this? What did you do?" I answered wide-eyed, "She did it. I didn't do anything." The other said that she worked in the bakery and knew of every kind of bread and Giant didn't carry this kind. She asked, "Was this the only one of its kind on the shelf?" It had been. They told me that those buns weren't in the system.

I'm standing there wondering if someone sneaked the hot dog buns into Giant and then put them in the right place in the store? What kind of fucked up individual are we dealing with here? Who sneaks hot dog buns into a Giant?

So I went back and got another brand of hot dog buns.

No comments: