Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hiatus

In just a few hours, I'll begin my week-long journey that will mostly consist of a Caribbean cruise. I think we're docking in Haiti, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, and St. Thomas, but I really have no fucking idea. Turns out completing a master's degree in Comparative World History does have a perk or two. I most likely won't have internet access.

Instead of more troops going to Iraq, I want to see them home before I come back. And not because of Tom Vilsak's reasoning- it's the Iraqis fault. It's their country, let them fight for it. No. That position corrupts that of the people who truly want the troops home so that fewer people will die. America's presence in Iraq has exacerbated the violence. BRING THE TROOPS HOME!

The Iverson trade is interesting, but I don't think it will help the Nuggets much come playoff time. They're not better than the Spurs, Mavs, Suns, or Jazz. Of those four, they could only beat the Jazz in a series, because Denver has more playoff experience. If the Sixers play their two draft picks right, and it will be a deep draft in June, they may actually have gotten the better end of the deal in the long run. Meanwhile, the Knicks have turned the brawl into a positive, winning three straight.

If the Colts don't get a bye in the first round of the NFL playoffs, I think they'll have something to prove and the weight of expectation will be lessened. Watch for this to be the year they make their run. I still have faith that the Bills can creep into the playoffs.

I'm done here. Peace and love to all.

1 comment:

AnonymousBlogger said...

I can't help but wonder if part of the reason they brought in AI was to tutor Anthony. AI knows how to complete. He can win big games. He might not be the best role model, but game-wise, few are better.