Friday, July 28, 2006

An Open Love Letter To Kerri Strug

Dear Ms. Kerri Strug,

Please excuse the forwardness of my letter, but I feel compelled to express my thoughts with you. You are an inspiration, a short Jewish woman taking on the world and making it better. You have used your magnificent mind and beautiful body to accomplish wonderful things.

After first seeing you, I knew I needed to know more. I want to learn what it was like growing up in a place without many Jews (Tuscon doesn't have a lotta Jews, does it?). It must have been hard living away from your parents at such an early age. But you have persevered, and continue to do so, to become the successful woman you are now.

Please allow me to explain my intentions. You may have a man, but in the words of the immortal poet Positive K, "What's your man got to do with me?" You and I have a lot in common. I'm a short Jew too. I've taught the youth. I run marathons. I'm cute. And who knows, perhaps these external commonalities might very well translate into a profound connection between the two of us, a blissful conjoining of two souls that may last for eternity.

Plus, I bet no man ever chose you as his 16th round pick in a Jew Draft before. Wanna go get a cup of coffee?

With loving admiration,
Your Not So Secret Admirer


4 comments:

Rhys said...

LOVE it! I had a strange fascination with Kerri once. :)

Funny!

nubian said...

who is she?

nubian said...

oh, i guess i coul do a google search, huh :-)

knibilnats said...

she was a gymnast/my future wife