Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bittersweet Memories

I was watching an episode of the Steve Harvey Show for whatever reason. I became a bit nostalgic as I saw Merlin Santana on my television. I thought, "I'd like to see him and Deon Richmond work together again." Deep down, I've always wished that they were friends.

So I decided to do some research to see if they had worked together since the Cosby Show. It was then that I learned Merlin wasn't alive. He was shot to death on November 9, 2002 in an attempted robbery. That made me sad.

On the plus side, he and Deon had worked together since fighting over Rudy, when Deon was Kenny and Merlin was Stanley. They appeared together on Hangin' with Mr. Cooper twice and in the movie The Blues. Deon Richmond has had a nice career and so did Merlin Santana.

Deon, keep up the good work and do it for Merlin.

No comments: