Friday, March 31, 2006

Sociological Analysis of UCONN Students

At the George Mason victory rally this past Sunday, we were advised to "poke" UCONN students on the "Facebook" website, as a means of taunting them. At the time it seemed to be a cruel way of showing support for George Mason. So I did it.

I received messages from some of these University of Connecticut students. Those that understood why I was "poking" them, and were upset about the loss, responded with heterosexist and misogynist comments. They didn't have much else to say, and clearly UCONN has not provided them with the ability to articulate themselves in a more productive or even wittier way.

Several had no idea what was going on. One student congratulated me. I'd like to thank him again.

Here is one of those conversations:

David (also known as D-Fro): FUCK GEORGE MASON!!! THEY GOT REAL LUCKY BY BEATING US!!!!! AND FUCK YOU FOR POK'N ME!!!! AND MY GIRLFRIEND SAYS YOUR GAY. HAVE FUN LOSING THIS WEEKEND.DON'T EVER POKE ME AGAIN!

Me: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA have fun watching the game loser

David: fuck you dude! george mason is pussy! and you it, they were invited to the tourney, INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: we might be pussy, but we beat you. what that make you? you were invited too dumbass. INVITED! when's the next uconn game? that's right, next fucking season!

David: we were at at large bid into the tourney, win your conference tourney be one of the top teams in the country and then talk to me. the last time your school won a national championship was in 97 and it was in fuck'n track pussy.stop talking to me...i have no time. enjoy this moment bc that school will never have ne thing to cheer for after this!

Me: how bout making the final four? that good enough idiot?

David: dude final four isn't nothing for uconn, we win national championships both men and women. no one knows about g. mason. enjoy the dream your living. stop talking to me

Me: you're right, it aint nothing this year!

David: dude hit up some girls on facebook not random guys alright? leave me alone

Me: dude, you messaged me first. i'm just poking uconn students.


  • Notice the UCONN student attacking certain groups (gays, women) that have nothing to do with Sunday's game.
  • UCONN did not win the Big East tournament this season. They lost against Syracuse in the first game they played in the tournament. Thus, they were invited to the Big Dance as an at large bid, just as was George Mason.
  • He keeps telling me to stop talking to him and that he has no time. And yet, for some reason, he continues to message me. I don't understand that. My only guess is that he is attempting to exert his masculinity by getting the last word. Or at least what he perceives to be exerting his masculinity.
  • After I respond to his questioning my sexuality for a final time, he realizes that yes indeed, he messaged me first. He has yet to respond. I don't believe he will.
  • My "dude" was a mocking "dude." That's the only kind of "dude" I say.

1 comment:

Joel said...

I was amazed at how he said "we were an at large bid" right after taunting you b/c GM was "invited" so I guess he doesn't even understand basic vocab of college basketball...
also I don't know how you could have an argument about basketball with a UConn student and not make the comment: "UConn has the best players money can buy."
Yes I'm still bitter over the Rudy Gay fiasco.