Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Being Against War is Not Crazy

I was, am, and will be against the Afghanistan war. I don't have to qualify my opposition to the Iraq war by saying, "look at me, I'm sane, I was all for the Afghanistan war."

The simple fact of the matter is that the attacks of September 11, 2001 were a horrific event in a long line of reciprocal violence. Continuing that violence only opens us up for future attack. If we did not respond violently, al-Qaeda would have no justification to attack us. World opinion would have shifted towards us and al-Qaeda would be rendered powerless.

Terrorists rely on either the assistance or the apathy of national governments. If these governments have no reason to harm the United States, then they would not help the terrorists.

Were we not to go to war, there would be many more people of all nationalities alive, we would be less fearful of another attack now, and the world would be with us.

I think short women are responsible for war. Believe me, I know.

No comments: