Monday, October 10, 2005

Another I Told You So

At a certain occasion that will remain nameless, one participant announced that he wanted to learn Portuguese. It was decided that Portugal and Brazil were the only places in the world that Portuguese would be useful. I mentioned Mozambique, an Africa country located in the southeast of the continent. I called up my friend President Armando Guebuza and he concurred (ok, I'm not friends with Mr. Guebuza and do not have his cell number).

I was shunned. Ignored. No one believed me. I tried to press my case that Mozambique was indeed colonized by Portugal. I was sure of it. Just dismissive, "I don't think that's right"s followed.

click on that:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/country_profiles/1063120.stm

When I say I'm sure of something, I am sure of it. Please don't question me. I'm a very honest person and I will admit when I'm unsure about something or when I'm wrong about something. But why question me on issues of colonization if you know nothing about it? I mean, damn, what I gotta do to get some respect?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't doubt yourself! You know they speak El The Portuguese, share your knowledge with the world!!

;)