Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Recap of the NBA Finals and Season

Every year I write a game-by-game analysis of the NBA Finals. However, I will not be posting that here. Instead, I will present the awards given by me and my annual final season overview of the state of the NBA.

MVP - SA Tim Duncan
Unsung Hero Award - SA Robert Horry
Gutcheck Award - Det Head Coach Larry Brown

With all of the young players in the NBA, it is fitting that these two teams tussled for the title. They represent what is good about the sport. Sure, basketball can be a game of stars and their flashy moves, but teamwork, toughness, sacrifice, and defense will get you to the promised land. If teams follow this mold, the NBA will be in good shape.


The All NBA H-duk Team is comprised of the 5 best players from the previous season according to my calculations. Some players may be out of position, but they cannot be unreasonably placed. For example, Shaq cannot be placed as a guard, even if he is the 4th best player that year. Of course Shaq would dispute the entirety of the last sentence, but you get the picture. All of the playoffs are included. I also choose an MVP on my own (the Finals MVP is based on the actual selection). This year's MVP is Steve Nash. I will insert the number of times each player has been selected to the team next to their team. The team has existed since 1999-2000. This is its 6th year.

2004-2005 All NBA H-duk Team
C Shaquille O'Neal Mia (4th)
F Tim Duncan SA (4th)
F Kevin Garnett Min (4th)
G Allen Iverson Phi (4th)
G Steve Nash Phx (1st)

No comments: