Friday, June 17, 2005

Last Post in China

So my trip is near its end. Most of it was filled with frustration and bitterness, but strangely I don't want to leave. People make the place. Once I was rid of the riffraff, this place turned for the better.

I've learned many things. Of course, everything Chinese was novel to me, but I learned much more valuable lessons about myself. I think I bring people to my level, I treat them as equals. If you think that you're better then me, such as Abbott, the General, and G-G-G-G-Unit, then we are not going to get along very well. But if you lack self-confidence, or are downtrodden, then you are probably going to like me.

I've met many wonderful people that I hope I can stay in contact with. I've also met a few despicable people. People are generally the same everywhere. You have the good and the bad.

For someone whe doesn't speak Chinese and has never been in a situation like that for so long, I think I did pretty well. I discovered that in some cases, language is quite over-rated, and in others I've seen the true importance of language.

In the end, I will take many things with me back home. Experiences, memories, lessons, pictures, and little knicknacks among them. However, the one thing I won't be taking back is a Chinese wife. At least not as of today!

No comments: