Monday, May 02, 2005

Favorite Non-Knicks

There are a lot of NBA players that I really like. I like Iverson, because of his toughness. I like Tony Delk, because he's the man. Walter McCarty was favorite player when he was in college, so I like him. Ray Allen is just very cool. I wish I had his look. He has a snarl, but it's not a mean snarl. It's a confident snarl, yet compassionate. Plus he can shoot, which is why I've nicknamed him "Silky Smooth." If Charlie Ward still plays, I like him too. But this short list is made up of the cream of the crop. These are my very favorite players that do not play for the Knicks.


I love Early Boykins, not because he's 5'5" and awesome, wait never mind, it is because he's 5'5" and awesome!!


Players:
Eddie Gill, Guard, Indiana Pacers- During the brawl between the Pacers and the Detroit fans, Eddie Gill was the lone good guy. When maniac Stephen Jackson started wailing on people, it was Eddie who yanked his jersey and pulled him off of people. He wasn't concerned with "defending his teammates" but protecting them and everyone else involved. Eddie Gill is awesome!

Jerome James, Center, Seattle Sonics- Jerome has stepped up his game during the playoffs, but he could revert to his 5 points per game and I'd still love him. One night, after teammate Danny Fortson was ejected, Fortson flung a folding chair in disgust. The chair seemed destine to strike a fan. On his way to console his teammate, Jerome instinctively caught the chair by its leg one-handed while it was still in the air. Not only a great grab, but saved some people from getting injured too. Way to go Jerome!

Earl Boykins, Guard, Denver Nuggets- This is supposed to be where I tell you how good Earl Boykins is despite the fact that he's 5'5". Earl can dominate a game with his determined play. He makes his team better and should start for nearly any team in the NBA, but for height-prejudice. The fact is that Earl Boykins is as good as he is because he's 5'5". He has a height advantage, it's just a different kind. Maybe Yao will block a few shots because of his height, but Earl will get a few steals because of his. Plus he's awesome!

No comments: