Friday, March 25, 2005

Sweet Sixteen Day 1, Bittersweet Memories

After my 14 out of 14 possible streak came to an end, the bottom has fallen out of my predictions a bit. Within a matter of minutes, I went from somehow leading the pool with 50 members, to in a bit of trouble again.

Illinois was able to handle the Wisconsin-Milwaukee pressure, especially in the second half. The Panthers' Joah Tucker led the way with 32 points. Illinois was simply too talented and won relatively easily. Bye Bye crazy preacher-looking coach!

Louisville also coasted against Washington. Nate Robinson got three early fouls, and Washington couldn't hold on without him on the floor.

You know it doesn't matter if you picked Texas Tech and West Virginia to make the Sweet Sixteen if you chose the wrong team to go to the Elite 8. Ross struggled for much of the game, despite a few steals that turned into dunks. You can't question his heart though. If I could've of chosen a team right before the game started, I'd have picked West Virginia. But, as we all know, you can't do that. So I'm willing to go down with my original Texas Tech pick. It's been fun to watch West Virginia's run, especially the Wake game, but it should end against Louisville on Saturday.

Oh Oklahoma State. The end of so much occurred tonight. Players' careers, the career of the head coach, that's about it. I knew Arizona was a tough team, but I thought Oklahoma State would pull through. Oh well, that's why pencils have erasers. Unfortunately, I wrote my picks in pen.

No comments: