Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Gas Station Surprises

I just got back from filling up my car at a gas station in Rockville at 2 am, my usual time. An immigrant taxi driver was also filling up his car at the same moment.

Not only did he not steal my job (which is teaching English to immigrants), but he was very nice. He approached me and told me in a heavily accented English that a dam had overflowed in Rockville and there was flooding near the river. (It's been raining like crazy here, Jesus must be pissed at the US soccer team). I thanked him for the news, although it didn't impact me.

It was actually a very American thing to do on his part (our ideal anyway). Can you believe that, from an immigrant, a Muslim no-less? Could America's demonization of Muslims and immigrants have been misguided? Has Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity mislead me for the purpose of furthering their own political agenda? My world has turned upside down. I'm gonna go sit in the corner, naked, in a cold sweat, crying, with my finger in my penis hole.

1 comment:

AnonymousBlogger said...

LOL. Great story. The conservative media have sure done a number on immigrants lately. It's shocking to hear a positive story involing one.