Monday, May 30, 2005

China: First Post

Alright, well I would have liked to have posted many times by now, but it hasn't worked out like that. So here is a broad overview of my expierence in China thus far:

Cities stayed in:
Beijing, Shijiajuan, Xuzhou, Liangyuangong.

Number of apartments stayed in: 5 (Sherkhan 6)

Shit I've eaten: Donkey, Duck, a whole Rabbit (including its face), 1 mystery meat. Most Chinese people don't eat this shit. In fact, the rabbit grossed out the Chinese dude we were with.

Shirtless fat men I've seen: too many

Pantless bums: A funny one

Babies peeing through their pants which have been cut to expose their ass and pee-pee: Plenty

Looks directed at me like I'm an alien: From just about every person who passes me

Girls that have freaked about because she thought I was trying to pick her up, but actually I was just showing her my address so she could tell me which stop to get off of on the bus: 1

People hocking loogies and then spitting: All over the place

Falls on my back onto concrete of over 10 feet: 1

People who know what a Jew is: maybe 2

Places Sherkhan is believed to be from by Chinese people: India, Arabia(?), Pakistan, not America

People who have associated Muslims with bin Laden: 2 (but in fairness to the Chinese people, they were together. Sherkhan explained that he is Hui (Muslim in Chinese) and thus does not eat pork. Then the two started saying layden, layden. Sherkhan thought they were saying Latin. I said, "bin Laden?" They replied, " Yeah, yeah, bin Laden, bin Laden."

The Great Wall: Beautiful

People who have said "Hello" and then laughed like you would after seeing a monkey in a zoo: enough to crush my spirit

Sex jokes by Sherkhan: constant

What the future holds: who knows?

No comments: