Friday, May 05, 2023

Parliament

I helped Candace get ready for her conference at 7:30am and fell back asleep at 8:30. The kids woke me up a little after 10. We were able to visit Candace at the conference for a little bit. Talk wanted to stay so I suggested Candace take the kids in so that they would become bored. That was a mistake.

The kids were bored, but Candace is very important in her field so people wanted to talk with her. I waited outside until security said I wasn't allowed to wait there for so long. So I had to come in. I taught the kids about various charts and graphs. Then the kids and I ate at Jollibees. They enjoyed it. We found a playground nearby.

Then we took a long frustrating walk to the Scottish Parliament. The kids would go so slow or just hang 20-30 feet behind me. We got into the parliament and saw the exhibition and the debating room. The SNP is the current ruling party. Talk lost her parliament sticker, so Abie asked for another one for her.

We then walked to the Scottish National Museum. The kids loved it. It was a total mishmash, but they enjoyed the interactive exhibits. We only got to see the first floor.

Then we got some treats from the grocery store. On the way back, I made a mistake I've made a few times. On the map, it's not clear that the bridges are 100 feet higher than the crossroad that takes us to our hotel. We rested in the hotel for a bit and watched The Chaser, a game show we also watched in Australia.

We met Candace and headed for dinner. We ate a Kurdish restaurant, because that's what you do when you come to Scotland. Abie broke a glass. Kurdish food is a close to Middle Eastern. We had pomegranate mousse and saffron and cardamom ice cream for dessert. We went back to the hotel. The kids have not gone to bed easily tonight.

No comments: