Monday, March 27, 2023

Last Day in Brisbane

I wasn’t feeling well again today, but we had to check out at 10am. I had trouble sleeping and could’ve used a few extra hours of relaxation.

We left our bags at the hotel and Candace took the kids around South Bank. I tried to find a spot to relax in the Modern Gallery of Art. I did see one security official talking into her earpiece as she watched me, so I left.

I found a nice spot in the Gallery of Art and read and look at my phone. At one point I sharted in my sweatpants and scurried to the toilet. Lucky the damage was reversible. Every time I felt a little gas, I waddled to the toilet.

The family met me in the gallery where the kids love to touch the forbidden art. We walked over the bridge through the Queen Street area to the Post Office food court, which underground. We had underwhelming grilled cheese sandwiches in the underground food court.

Candace and the kids searched for souvenirs while I slowly made my way back to the hotel. Reception closed at 5, so we had to get our bags before then. I waited in the hotel coughing as I had all day, feeling guilty.

We left for the train station and I put more money on my go card, which I recommend. They canceled a train to the airport, but we were so early they could’ve canceled a few more. The kids were insane on the train, which is especially bad because people don’t really talk on the train.

An older guy asked Abie what was his stuffed dingo’s name, “Is it Ernie?” I had seen a commercial for Ernie Dingo’s travel show and had to fill in Candace on the joke. I got a refund for the kids’ go cards, our first Australian cash.

In the airport, Abie and Candace went to get drinks. At some point Tal wanted to go with then and started out on her own. I told her she couldn’t wander around the huge airport looking for them. Tal tried to assure me that she was an expert on this airport that she had been to for fifteen minutes. We caused a scene, but I got her to come back.

We made it through to the gate and are waiting to board. Hopefully we can sleep on at least one of these two 14+ hour flights.

No comments: