Sunday, March 26, 2023

Coughs and Bagels

Tal and I went to the pool in the morning while Candace and Abie went to the grocery store.

Today we had brunch at a bagel place in the West End and thick shakes. The bagel was good, but the chocolate shake was bitter.

The kids and I got slurpees and stopped in a park. We watched a rugby practice. AFL is supposed to be bigger than rugby here, but the so called battle of Brisbane between the Broncos and Dolphins boated twice as many fans as the AFL game we went to on Friday night. Both began at the same time.

Then the kids played on a playground. I watched some kids playing basketball behind them and resisted the urge to teach them how to shoot. They all shot two-handed.

We made it back to the hotel. Tal and I developed bad coughs and I kept feeling nauseous. We all chilled out for a few hours and then watched Australia’s Married at First Sight. Duncan did the right thing declining to continue with the American woman.

We went for a nighttime walk along the river. I was feeling bad, but otherwise it was a nice walk. We leave tomorrow.

No comments: