Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jewish Children's Books Series #3

Mommy, Why are the Kids at School Throwing Pennies at Me?
A HarazQuack Publication

"Because, Shlomo," said Mamala, "wait, who's throwing pennies at you? I'm going to call their mothers."
"No, please don't. I just want to know why they're doing that."
Mamala shoots a frustrated smirk, "Because those kids are ignorant."
"Ignorant?"
"Yes, Shlomo. They don't know any better."
"But Mamala, why are they throwing pennies at me?"
"Because, Shlomo, there is a stereotype that Jews are cheap."
"A stereotype?"
"Yes, Shlomo. A stereotype is when people think you're a certain way because you belong to a group. For example, people think you're cheap because you're Jewish."
"That doesn't make any sense!"
"Well, I'm not sure how to explain it any different, Shlomo."
"No. I mean if people think I'm cheap just because I'm Jewish. That doesn't make any sense!"
"You're right, Shlomo. It doesn't."
"Then why do people think like that?"
"Because they're ignorant idiots."
"That makes sense. Can I go play now?"
"Sure, Shlomo."

No comments: