Sunday, May 07, 2023

Garden and Dean

We got a late start and everyone was grumpy because they were hungry. We ate at an Italian chain restaurant and the kids really liked it. Candace liked her fancy pizza as well.

We made the long walk to the Botanical Gardens. I had a panic attack on Dean Bridge. It's not a scary bridge, but I peaked over and my fear of heights took over. In eroding park gave us nice views of the city. The Botanic Gardens were a nice place, a little too commercial for my liking.

We searched for treats, but Edinburgh is a little weird. Some places close early and others open late. So you find a great place online and it's invariably closed. Candace got some coffee and we searched for Dean village.

My feet and legs were aching and the sidewalk situation was not good for Candace's scooter. I've seen people who use wheelchairs here and it must be very frustrating for them. Edinburgh infantilizes disabled people. Candace has lost some independence. At home or even during our Brisbane trip, she was completely independent. Edinburgh has been very rough in that regard.

It was too difficult to get the scooter down to the iconic view of Dean village. It was nice, but felt like many European cities. We went back to the hotel and ordered some Japanese food. The chicken was good, but the beef was the worst I've ever had.

No comments: