Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Being a Nats Fan

As a Nats fan, I'm not upset at the franchise's failure to produce a winning season in its six year history. I'm not yet disgusted with all of the last place finishes (five) or the two straight years with baseball's worst record.

My optimism that has driven me in past seasons has waned. Hot prospects will inevitably fade, unless their name is Ryan Zimmerman. The team's best players will get injured. It's going to be a slow process to the top. I'm ok with that for now.

I view the team like as if it's a little kid. There will be a lot of glue-eating and nose-picking in the short term. I can accept that. It doesn't necessarily mean that the franchise won't eventually become the next Einstein. It obviously doesn't guarantee it will either.

No comments: