Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sex With A Prostitute

I guess it's not as funny when it's my guy. I just feel bad.

Eliot Spitzer is a Jew. That fills me with shame. He's from Riverdale in the Bronx, which doesn't make things any better. The fact that he's the governor of New York makes me feel bad. He became the governor of New York by fighting and prosecuting prostitution rings. I should relish the irony, but strangely, I don't.

It really bothers me that he's married. It also really bothers me that he has three kids. Even more, it bothers me that he has three daughters. If he had sons, the potential harm can be more explicitly averted. All Spitzer has to do is tell his sons that having sex with a prostitute is wrong. However, with daughters the wound has a greater potential to run deep. He can explain to his daughters that becoming a prostitute is not the best route, but that's probably not going to be a problem.

The bigger issue involves his relationship with his wife. Most daughters get their conception of womanhood from their mothers. They understand how a man should treat them through observing the relationship between their father and their mother. Spitzer's sexual liaisons with a prostitute have the potential of subconsciously damaging his daughters because they might put up with more shit from a man. Perhaps not in the same way, but it's just another way of lowering their self-esteem. After all, they must take after their mother, who apparently is not good enough for their father, or so his actions have indicated. So basically, Eliot Spitzer is a terrible person and has destroyed his family and ruined the faith of people who believed in him. Well done sir.

No comments: