Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Controlling Destiny

Two months ago I was having a solid fantasy football season. I was on my way to making my first fantasy football playoffs. Other things in my life were also going great. It was the halfway point of the fantasy football season, and being the commissioner, I like to evaluate each team's performance to that point and predict the second half. This is what I wrote for myself:

Buffalo Williams (5-2)- My team has slowly gotten worse too. We're led by Carson Palmer and Lamont Jordan. Hey, what can I say, I draft really well in the 8th and 9th rounds. That's about it though. I might, might, might make my first fantasy football playoff appearance.

More likely, I'll blow it in the second half and it will ruin my mood. That will effect my studies and my fate with women. This was to be the year where everything went right. Instead, my life will become a shattered shell filled with questions of what could have been? I'll die a failure and alone. All because Cadillac (Williams) decided to get injured.

After that point, things started going downhill, just as I had predicted. I couldn't believe that I actually predicted my fate exactly. I decided to be pro-active and change my destiny. One month later I wrote:

I predicted my own downfall, so since I have this power, I am predicting that I will win it all this year. I will be lauded as a hero, and all the pretty girls will like me because I got straight A's!

Well, I'm in the championship game of the Suck My Sonderweg Thesis fantasy football league anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are able to make the playoffs in your fantasy football league. Perhaps, I could help. I have a site where I provide free weekly fantasy football coverage. I provide updated injuries, possible free agents, and recommendations on who to start. Feel free to visit the site at www.drufantasyfootball.com.